Assemble the Lightswing
The Lightswing is easy to assemble in a few steps. You can watch the assembling video or follow the steps below. Do you prefer to read the installation guide? This can be done here.
Within a few minutes you can hang your pendant lamp on the ceiling.
- Drill 4 small holes in the ceiling.
- Connect the Lightswing
- Assemble the Lightswing on the ceiling
- Attach your pendant lamp to the quick release.
Included in the package.
The Lightswing comes with the following accessories. The optional mounting ring comes standard with the Lightswing white, black and stainless steel.
- Quick release; one (Single) or two (Twin)
- Ceiling covers
- Drilling template
- Installation guide
- Adjustment screws
- Optional mounting ring( comes standard with black, white and stainless steel)
What else do you need?
Screws and plugs are not included in the package. Depending on the material of your ceiling you can use the plugs and screws that are the most suitable. Beside that you need some tools.
- 4 screws and plugs
- Drilling machine
- Wire stripper
Step 1: Drill four small holes in the ceiling.
First, switch off the electricity for the relevant connection point and if necessary unplug the lamp from the connection point.
- Determine easily the position of the drilling holes by using the supplied drilling template.
- Drill the 4 marked ceiling holes using the correct drill and drill bit.
- Insert the plugs in the drill holes and check if they are secured.
Step 2: Connect the Lightswing
First, remove the quick realease(s) from the Lightswing before assembling it to the ceiling. Remove the lid from the distribution box if needed.
- Connect, if present, the ground wire to the grounding lip of the Lightswing.
- Connect the hook up wire and neutral wire to the terminal block of the Lightswing
Step 3: Attach the Lightswing to the ceiling
Put the connected wires into the distribution box in the ceiling. Place the Lightswing against the ceiling and make sure that the holes in the Lightswing line up with the drilled holes in the ceiling.
- Insert four screws into the pre-drilled holes.
- Check if the Lightswing can rotate freely and if it can slide back and forth.
Step 4: Attach the cord to the quick release
First, determine how high the lamp has to hang and mark this length on the lamp cord. Cut the cord approximately 10 cm longer than the marked spot. Strip the ends of the wires along a length of 1 cm, to expose the copper.
- Connect the cord of the lamp to the quick release.
- Put the quick release back in the Lightswing.
Step 5: Finishing
Due to the weight of the lamp or inequality in the ceiling, the Lightswing can hang down slightly. The Lightswing comes standard with adjusting screws. By turning the adjusting screw in or out you can adjust the Lightswing among the ceiling.
- Move and turn the Lightswing into the right place.
- Use the adjusting screws to adjust the Lightswing.
- Put the ceiling covers on the Lightswing to hide the screws.
Optional: the mounting ring
The mounting ring makes it possible to assemble the Lightswing on every wanted place on the ceiling. Make sure that this place can be reached by the connection point. You only have to use the mounting ring when it is not possible to assemble the Lightswing over the central distribution box.
The mounting ring comes standard with the Lightswing (white, black and stainless steel).
How it works:
- Assemble the mounting ring on the wanted spot on the ceiling.
- Move the connection point beneath mounting ring
- Connect the Lightswing to the connection point.
- Assemble the Lightswing onto the mounting ring
- Hide the cable using a cable duct